The declaration of tax settlement models are as follows (Important: these models are informative and can not be presented face-to-face.) The presentation can only be done telematically, to see the section on the ATIB website from Gestión telemática:
Category: Sin categoría
Balearic Ecotax rise in 2018
On December 29, 2017 was published in the Official Gazette of the Balearic Islands (BOIB) the modification of Decree 35/2016, of June 23, where is deleloped the Tax Law on tourist stays to impulse measures of sustainable tourism in the Balearic Islands.
In the following link you can review the modification of the Decree as well as the amounts to be applied for each type of establishment (Law 13/2017, of December 29, of general budgets of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands for the year 2018).
How to calculate the ecotax in Balearic islands
You will be charged from the second quarter of the year 2016.
High season goes from April to October included.
- 0.5 euros per day of stay if staying in hostels and shelters, hostels, pensions, inns, tourist camps or campsites.
- 1 euro per day in the case of rural hotels, rural tourism, tourism accommodation of interior, tourist apartments of up to three keys, hotels and apartments of up to three stars.
- 1.5 euros per day of stay when this tourist homes for vacation, housing top tourist marketing, apartments three keys object and hotels of four and three-star-superior.
- 2 euros per day, will be for tourists on cruise ships, superior four-star and five-star hotels, tourist apartments in four keys and residential tourism business accommodation establishments.
All these amounts will be reduced by half in each case when he is low season.
Continue reading “How to calculate the ecotax in Balearic islands”
How will the eco-tax work in Mallorca
You have to pay in:
- Tourist accommodation
You do not pay under 16 years old.
Residents staying in the Islands will also pay.
The tax will vary between 0.5 and €2 in high season, and between 0.2 and €1 in low.
It is estimated that you between 50 and 80 million euros, which will be allocated for environmental purposes:
- Protection, preservation and recovery of the natural environment
- Improvements in the quality and competitiveness of the tourism sector
- Deseasonalisation premium and tourist product creation
- Improvement of sustainable tourism infrastructure
- Historical and cultural heritage